BRAVO Youth Orchestras – inspired by El Sistema to improve the lives of underserved children through intensive orchestral instruction.
BRAVO at a glance
- Play every day. Our students practice for two hours after school five days a week.
- Talent doesn’t have a zip code. We bring music where it is needed most.
- Together we are powerful. An orchestra works as a team. A really BIG team.
- Children smiling, grown-ups crying. A typical scene at a BRAVO concert.
- Changing the world one string at a time. We build community through music.
BRAVO by the numbers
- 350+ hours of music training and performance in a year
- 150 students in our after-school programs
- 40+ Guest Artist visits in a year
- 1 tuba in our instrument collection
- 3,000 student snacks served per month
- 60+ concerts presented each year
- 2 performances at the Governor’s inaugurations
A growing organization with a distinct mission
BRAVO balances the goals of social improvement and musical rigor. Please keep reading to learn more about our mission, our movement, and the committed people who make this organization thrive.
“I love playing in this orchestra!” – international violin soloist Nadja Salerno-Sonnenberg